Join us for a
Loch Ness Cruise
From mid-December we will base Nova Spero out of DochGarroch at Inverness, which will allow us to enter the Caledonian Canal at Clachnaharry. During this cruise we will explore Loch Ness and all its wonders.
A 6 night cruise starting and ending at DochGarroch near Inverness which will see us enter the Caledonian Canal at Clachnaharry. From here we will cruise Loch Ness before returning to Dochgarroch. En route we will visit a variety of scenic landmarks and iconic attractions. See the itinerary tab for more details.
Food & Drink
We include breakfast, lunch and dinner each day of your cruise. Our cook will use the finest locally sourced produce, fresh from suppliers to deliver mouthwatering dishes.
Dinner will be the main meal of the day and will be served between 5.30pm and 6.30pm. The other meals of the day require more flexibility as the boat may be moving depending on our schedule for the day.
An honesty bar with wines, beers and spirits will be available.
Scotland’s waters and coasts are a playground for a wide variety of wildlife from minke whales & porpoises to puffins and sea eagles. Binoculars and cameras are recommended.
At the start of each cruise the captain will meet with the all of the guests to discuss the planned route for your cruise which will take into account tides and weather. We will endeavour to visit some of Scotland’s finest distilleries, castles and attractions from suitable nearby mooring.
Walking & Mountaineering
There will be plenty of opportunity to explore Scotland’s hills and mountains so bring along your walking/hiking equipment.
There will be the opportunity to explore the tow path and forestry areas around the Caledonian Canal by bike. Bike hire is available from Fort William.
The nature of our cruises is to provide a “theme” and to make the most of the options available to us based on weather, tides, access and things like local events & festivals.
- Cruise from DochGarroch via Clachnaharry into Loch Ness before turning back around at Fort Augustus.
- Imagine Christmas or New Year moored in Fort Augustus with an evening cruise down Loch Ness after dinner passing Urqhuart Castle spectacularly lit at night and rarely seen from Loch side to Dochgarroch.
- There is the possibility of taking in the New Year at Burghead where you can experience their famous fire festival. This would be harbour mooring dependent.
- Enjoy moonlight and starlight on cold winters nights with a dram in your hand, knowing warm fire awaits you in lounge when you’ve finished stargazing. There might be a few tunes to get feet stamping too.
- Option to walk part of the Great Glen Way with drop off and pick-up points agreed in advance.
- If the weather is suitable we can leave the canal and sail under the Kessock Bridge to visit Burghead with a possible overnight in Buckie or MacDuff.
- On the other side of Moray Firth we can take a quick run past Invergordon and anchor In Portmahomack. After dinner we can provide a quick run ashore in the Rib and back for late nightcap onboard. The next day, there is the possibility to visit Glenmorangie Distillery or back to canal and up to Fort Augustus.
- Chanonary Point, Fort George all on the way and perhaps a Dolphin or two and some beautiful Sunsets on cold clear evenings with pretty good chance Northern Lights will make an appearance.
NB – We may have to work outside of the canal if Ice Forms.
|Departure Date||Nights||Cruise Itinerary||Price per person||Available Spaces|
|14/12/2020||6||Loch Ness Cruise||WAS ||11||BOOK NOW|
|21/12/2020||6||Loch Ness Cruise at Christmas||WAS ||11||BOOK NOW|
|28/12/2020||6||Loch Ness Cruise at New Year||WAS ||11||BOOK NOW|
|13/12/2021||6||Loch Ness Cruise||£1,188||11||BOOK NOW|
|21/12/2021||6||Loch Ness Cruise at Christmas||£1,368||11||BOOK NOW|
|28/12/2021||6||Loch Ness Cruise at New Year||£1,368||11||BOOK NOW|